Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Shakin' it up at VBS

I got to help with the 3-year-old class at VBS again this year. ME was in the class, which was fun for most of the time until some of the other kids wanted to sit in my lap, too. The theme this year was "Shake it Up" and it was all related to God's recipe for life. I don't know who had more fun...me or ME!

Each day began and ended with an assembly in the Worship Center. The kids loved dancing and singing! Yes, I said dancing at church...something totally new to this Baptist girl!

Each day the kids got to participate in an Art or Science activity. I think ME and Andrew really liked the Science day that they got to make homemade ice cream and eat it!

ME loved shakin' up the ice cream!

They couldn't get enough of it to eat with their spoons, so they eventually put their spoons aside and drank it.

They got to make chef's hats in Art class. ME couldn't wait to use it in her kitchen!

At the end of the week, friends and family were invited to see what went on during the week. LaLa and McKenzie came with me and the kids. McKenzie couldn't stop "shakin' it up" through all of the songs...she is a dancin' machine!

Benjamin spent his time in the nursery while I helped with the 3-year-olds. The nursery helpers said that he was great all week, but he just kept walking around pushing toys while repeatedly saying "Momma". So the last day of VBS, I took him to the closing assembly with me to sing songs with us. I think he enjoyed it waaayyyy more than ME did! He even tried to keep up with McKenzie's booty-shakin' at the family/friends night, too.

As you can see, ME was too cool for the dancing and siging that night. She already did it during the day. Ha! It's funny now, though, because we have to listen to all of the songs on the cd everyday now! I wonder how long we'll have to do that.

No comments: