Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Risky Business

This summer the kids have been going to daycare so we can keep their spots for this upcoming school year. I have to admit that neither Drew nor I were happy about this new policy when we first heard about it, but I soon turned that into a positive thing for me. I instantly thought about all of the projects that I could get accomplished while they're at school or do whatever I wanted for that little bit of time. Ha! It's amazing how fast time flies!!!

Well, the kid's daycare is doing a theme called "Summer Road Trip" and is focusing on a different state each week filled with fun activites everyday. This week, they went to California and today they were supposed to dress up as their favorite celebrity so they could walk on the red carpet at the Chinese Theater in Hollywood. First of all, I didn't really want to buy anything for it. Secondly, I didn't want to send either of them as one of the famous tv characters that everyone else would be dressed as. So instead, I sent Benjamin as Tom Cruise's character from Risky Business. Am I terrible or what? But is just the cutest thing ever or what? All the teachers got a kick out of it after they realized why he didn't have pants or shoes on. :) ME, on the other hand, REFUSED to dress up as anything. So I finally talked her into wearing her Belle t-shirt that her Daddy got her when they went to see "Beauty and the Beast".

No comments: