Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Friday, July 15, 2011

Benjamin is finally 21...

months that is! Besides showing off his awesome, sweet dimples constantly, his pesonality has totally come through now.
    As I was setting up for Benjamin's monthly "photo shoot", I was so impressed that he just went straight to the corner to sit by the bear and patiently wait for me to get out the blocks. Well, obviously, I was way too impressed and didn't even pay attention to which blocks I pulled out. Did you notice that the blocks spell out 22? Not 21?
    
    Sadly, I didn't catch that until this morning! But Benjamin patienty waited again and struck several poses for me again. Could he be a future model?
    
  • He's completely a fish! And he doesn't understand why I won't let him go in the water at the pool. Sadly, though, he won't let me put floaties on him.
  • One of his new favorite phrases to say is "C'mon" while he even cups his arm in the air, motioning for you to go with him (Ex: our first day in the pool this summer, Drew and ME were in the deeper part of the pool, while Benjamin and I were in the shallow part. Benjamin spotted them across the pool, stood up, and yelled "Drew, c'mon!" as he waved his arm at him, too.)
  • Drew and Uncle Bebo have been playing softball for our Sunday School class this summer and we've gone to watch them play a few times (OK, actually just twice). Of course, Benjamin is all about it, too! I mean what's not to love for a little boy at the ball park? Dirt, hills to slide down, and "off balls". Ever since we've been to the ball park now, he calls EVERY ball an "off ball". Gotta love it!
  • He has learned about guns somewhere. ;(
  • He calls Daddy "Drew". I think this is hilarious, but Drew, of course, isn't so thrilled about it. Ha!
  • He still "clucks" or "clicks" his tongue instead of saying "LaLa". 
  • He might not be talking full sentences yet, but he mimicks a lot of inflections for various phrases. The two that we hear most are "I got it" and "Thank you". It sounds like he's humming...it's just too cute! Sadly, every time I am about to say I got it, I want to sing it now. For "Good morning", he says "mory!" Even though he's not clearly talking, his little sing-song phrases are the sweetest noises.
  • Benjamin absolutely LOVES his "sish"! He wants to be whereever she is or do whatever she's doing. As you can see, the feeling is mutual. Ha! Mary Elizabeth was more into watching Dora than sibling love.

    Benjamin loves Bath Time (or even just playing in the water) just as much as his sissy did when she was younger. It's hard to get him out of the tub even after the water is all gone. "More please!"

    "Ok, if you don't give me more water in the tub, I guess I'll just take my 20 second power rest!"

No comments: