Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Happy Birthday, Lala, from the fair!

For my mom's birthday, we went to the State Fair. I think that's a great way to celebrate anyone's birthday! This was my first time to go as a parent, which was way more fun! Much to our surprise, ME was fearless on the rides. She only cared about the faster and higher rides rather than the safe, slow ones that stay on the ground. As for Benjamin, he L-O-V-E-D the animals and was totally content just watching ME on her rides.
Benjamin is totally into climbing up on everything these days. The John Deere was no exception! ME, Benjamin, and I all got to ride the bus. It was fun watching their faces.
ME was so insistent on me not helping her spin the wheel until she realized that I could make us turn faster. We got dizzy!
We rode lots of rides.

She was even big enough to ride some by herself. I was nervous, but she didn't mind one bit! She felt that she had to wave each time she passed by us. :)

"Slow down, Sissy!"

Waving again! She wasn't too sure about sharing the ride with other people.

Not sure why this is turned! We watched an alligator show. ME was all about it, front row and all, until the gator splashed her! Benjamin was more interested in just running around.
"Look, LaLa! We're on your favorite ride...the Teacups!" Just kidding! My DETESTED the teacups when we went to Disney about 20 years ago. My brother and I will never let her forget it either. :)
ME was so concerned about the baby cow being in a cage next to the mommy cow. "But her want her mommy!" She's so considerate!
Benjamin wanted to climb into the cage so badly!
I've got no words for this sweet pic...it's just precious!
What would a fair be if you didn't have any food? The boys enjoyed their grub.
And, of course, ME enjoyed her "torn dog". I don't think there was a crumb left!
Benjamin did get to ride a few rides, too; but he still enjoyed just watching his sissy!
Benjamin was so laid back and enjoyed his first state fair!

1 comment:

LaLa said...

Great birthday - I don't mind getting older when I get to spend such a fun day with my kids!