Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, October 18, 2010

I'll have my party and eat my cake, too!

We celebrated Benjamin's birthday with family on October 17th. I think he had a great time playing and eating cake.
I think I did a great job of acting surprised for Benjamin as I opened his presents while he socialized.

"Did I hear that someone else is opening my presents?"

"Hey, this has my name on it and it's not pink!"

"I think I'll take a break now!"
Every once in a while, Benjamin will just stop and lie down wherever he is to take about a 10-second nap. He thought that his birthday party should be no exception to not rest. :)The 4 kids.
Pretty much Benjamin's favorite birthday present was anything with wheels that he could push around. This truck belonged to his Dandy when he was little. Our attempt of a family picture. I promise that Benjamin was happy...I think he was just ready! to dig into his cake!
Cake from Blue Cake Co. that matched the plates and napkins that I had hung onto for over a year just for his 1st birthday. Drew was the most excited that I had such cute paper products! :)
"Why is everyone smiling at me and singing when there is fire on my cake?"

"Mmm...this stuff is good!"
"Who needs a fork when you have a fist?"
"What? There's something green on my face?"
"Life is sweeter when shared with two (and a little cake helps, too)!"
"Why is ME getting my cake? It's not her birthday."
"Look, Mom! There's green, red, blue, and light (white)!" I love that ME still has to point every color possible that she recognizes on almost everything, including cake. :)
"Delicioso!"
The aftermath of Benjamin's smashcake.
The aftermath of the birthday boy.

1 comment:

LaLa said...

Cutest Birthday Boy I know! Happy Birthday Big Ben! Thanks for sharing the fun time with us!