Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy Birthday, America!

My Aunt Vicki, Uncle Ricky ("Bobo"), and cousin Allie came in town for the 4th. We had so much fun doing nothing! In fact, ME loved seeing them so much and is still yelling out "Bobo, Bobo, Bobo, Bobo" randomly, especially everytime she sees any black vehicle.

ME's new best friend, Allie.

Below are a few pix from 4th of July. My mom loves taking ME to see the Peabody ducks, so we started the afternoon there.




Am I really here to watch some ducks waddle again?





Oh yeah, I do like watching the duck ducks!

Then we headed to the Travs baseball game and watched the fireworks afterward.


The Travs have a new dance squad (The Halos) and my old neighbor is one of the dancers. ME really liked looking at their pom-poms, but she didn't like the fact that I took her away from her Grandy to take this picture.




ME's first thought of running the bases..."I'd rather play with the gravel right here than run around in that dirt and get icky!"




"But I didn't realize I could fly like an airplane around the field."




"Man that was tough! I think I'll just sit here in the 3rd base coach's box."






I took this picture as we were walking back from the field. I thought it was priceless!

Check out that awesome hair! Thank goodness for free Arkansas humidity! (Sidenote for any parent: a bagful of peanuts for a little stomach=BAD idea! While waiting an hour after the game for the fireworks, we were doing anything to keep Munchkin happy, including my dad sharing his peanuts with her. For some reason, everyone but me, knew that they can cause a "bad aftermath" and never bothered to tell me or stop her. )

Finally the fireworks!
ME was so hot and tired by this point that she really didn't show much expression when she saw the fireworks. I promise she wasn't as upset as she looks in this picture!

No comments: