Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, September 8, 2008

Yessss, I finally get to blog!!!!

Okay, I think I may be addicted (although you can't tell) to blogging. I have been itching to blog for the past several weeks about our happenings, but when I get a free moment something either comes up or I'm ready to crash. So here goes a little bit of catching up in the past few weeks:
  • Drew's dad went to Dallas market a few weeks ago, so he decided to fly over to LR that weekend before he headed back to NYC. Although it was a short trip, we all had a great time. I had to capture this photo op of Daddy Mike feeding ME. I know she looks scared, but they were pretty funny together.


What is Daddy Mike smiling about? He doesn't have to eat this mush!




  • Labor Day weekend was somewhat relaxing. Drew headed to Fayetteville for his biannual Razorback tennis reunion, and I stayed home with ME. On Labor Day, though, Drew and I decided to spend the day with our little girl outside. So we checked out the "Big Dam Bridge" down by the dam (hence the name). It really is a neat bridge...luckily, it wasn't too big to cross with a stroller!

I'm really high up in the air! I wonder if this makes daddy scared...
  • Mary Elizabeth has already had her 2nd 1st day of school. The first daycare was just temporary since the one that I camped out for didn't start until after Labor Day. Although we really enjoyed the sweet ladies at ME's 1st daycare, I am really excited for her to be at our church's daycare now. I love the ratio...4 kids to 1 teacher and 1 assistant! Plus she has another girl to play with, and they have 30 minutes of early Christian time!

Seriously, another school picture?


Other Happenings:

  • We've already had to learn what it's like to pick up a sick child from school. During her last week at the old daycare, ME got diarrhea (sorry for TMI!), so she really didn't go the last week. Although it wasn't great timing considering it's the beginning of school for me still, I did get to spend an unexpected day with my little girl. Luckily, she's all better, and we really think that it was teething issue rather than a bug. Too bad those teeth just won't come in, though!!!

  • Several people have asked me how her new daycare is and I still really don't know, except for what I said earlier. Due to Gustav and the rainy weather last week, the church, along with several other businesses, lost power around here last week. So ME's only been there for 2 1/2 days, but we've received positive reports everyday from her teacher!

  • One of my dearest friends, Sarah, had her little girl last week. We are so excited to welcome Taylor Elise!!! Too bad, though, that another girl is born but doesn't live nearby. Maybe one day we'll have some girl friends to play with in LR!

Taylor Elise Gilmore

No comments: