Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Our sad little princess

I have to report that our poor baby girl has not been so jolly these past few days. Daycare called on Monday to say that she had a fever of 102. So I picked her up and took her to the doctor. She has a bacterial infection in her nose. I know...sounds yucko!!! It is! And she now HATES the "booger sucker", whereas before she actually liked it and thought it was a game when I used it on her.

Let me tell you that seeing ME these past few days has been so heartbreaking to me and Drew. She hasn't been terribly fussy, but she has the saddest puppy dog eyes, the rosiest red cheeks, and a hot body! Really, the most fussy that she's been was this morning at 4 am until 5:15 (just before it was time for my alarm to go off!). We actually went to the living room and played with toys to try to calm down. After that didn't work, I was finally able to rock her back to sleep and put her in bed with Drew. I wish so badly that I could have captured the sweet picture of her sleeping on her daddy to share with you all, but I didn't want to risk waking her up again. But after I laid her down, she rolled her back onto Drew's stomach, almost standing/leaning on him and started snoring. It was priceless!
After I put her down for bed tonight, I'm happy to say that she seems to be feeling a lot better! I sure hope so and that I don't have to see those sad eyes for a long time!

No comments: