Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

ME's 1st wedding weekend

We just got back from a long weekend in NW Arkansas to setup for and celebrate Scott's (a long-time family friend) wedding. Lala, ME, and I went up early Thursday morning and worked everyday until it was time for the wedding. It was tiring, but so worth it! I have to say that ME was the best baby to be able to tote around while working on all of the decorations at the same time. But I think she is very glad to be back at home and able to catch up on her z's!

The night before we left

Drew didn't go with us, so the 2 of them had a little bonding time the night before we left. She had some "tummy issues" last week, so Drew gave her the 1st taste of prune juice. I don't think she got her like for fruit juice from me!

Setting up for the recption

Scott's reception was at his parents home. "The boss" took a break from arranging flowers and setting up 360 + candles to play with Annie. I think we might have a vetrinarian on our hands as much as she loves dogs!

After we worked on Thursday, ME and I met some of my friends that I graduated interior design school with for dinner. It was fun to see them and catch up on their lives. ME had a blast meeting Aubrey and Sarah.


The Bridal Luncheon

She and Caroline had their own place settings at the luncheon. She enjoyed hanging out with the girls.

ME and Lala telling Miss Becky all about the reception set-up.

Tired Caroline and Miss Helen
The Rehearsal Dinner
The dinner at Doe's was wonderful! She enjoyed watching the video of Kristian and Scott and flirting with everyone there.


"I have my very own seat, so where's my steak?"

"Hey, Uncle B, have you seen my new trick? I can raise my arms when Grandy sings!"

The Wedding
The wedding was so pretty and sweet. It was at Cooper Chapel in Bella Vista. Gorgeous! ME did great through the whole ceremony. She enjoyed it so much, that it wore her out.



She sucked on her paci so hard that she made the people in front of us laugh throughout the wedding. She sounded like Maggie Simpson.

The Owens/Lampkin family now complete (minus Drew)

"Hey, Mr. Steve, the wedding 'keck' was great!"

"This isn't cake!"

ME has big dancing shoes to fill if she wants to fit in with our fam. We all love to dance!

"Can we sit, please?!?"


She never got her dance with the groom, but she got to sit right next to him.

10:00 pm and still trying to party
10:45 pm -- "Finally, Elvis left the building and I can get some shuteye!"

The ride home

Home sweet home (in 3 hours)!

1 comment:

LaLa said...

What a perfect wedding guest you made! You were such a good girl the whole weekend- glad I got to spend your first wedding experience!
LaLa