Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cinco de Mayo

Ok, actually, it's Mary Elizabeth's 5th month. But it is in May as well. I am happy to say that she started sitting up on Thursday all by herself. We, of course, have padding around her just in case she falls. But she is so proud of herself when she sits up, and she has better access to petting Dixie and Mo. She's been trying so hard for weeks to sit up... now if she only could pull herself up into a sitting position (I won't rush it, though). Also, we're starting to see "a lot" of hair. She actually has more than my dad now and it's so soft. After her bath tonight, it was messed up. I'd take a picture, but you still wouldn't be able to see it since it's blonde.

Other updates:
  • She's laughed a few more times. I can't believe how serious she is all of the time!
  • She's working on 2 teeth on her right side (one on top and one on bottom). She is LOVIN' putting everything into her mouth like remote controls, cell phones, cups, thumbs, etc. You name it and it goes toward her mouth. She reminds me of a baby bird waiting for the mama bird to drop her the worm with her mouth wide open.
  • She is still sleeping through the night!
  • She's on the verge of trying to crawl. She's been scooching a lot. I think we have a swimmer on our hands...yeah!

Drew and I feel so blessed that we have had such a wonderful experience with the pregnancy, labor, and now ME. I truly love her and can't wait to see what each day brings!

No comments: