Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Friday, June 15, 2007

To find out or not to find out????

To find out or not to find out what we're having...that is THE question on my mind right now!Today I went to Cynthia East Fabrics with my mom to pick out baby bedding fabrics. My sweet, and creative, friend Abby works there and helped me come up with some CUTE bedding options. She is convinced that we're having a girl after she self-diagnosed me with the "20 questions" game of what I'm eating and drinking (which, by the way, I've been craving lemonade and cold cut sandwiches with Cheetos-yum!). So she insisted that I come up with a real girly option. My original plan was to go ahead and have everything squared away in the nursery by designing a gender-friendly room based off of a painting that Drew bought me for Mother's Day before Little Bit gets here, but now I'm all sorts of confused. I did agree to coming up with 2 options, however; one that could work for a boy or girl, and one that would be tooooo cute for a girl. It's crazy to think how little things such as bedding can really tempt you on spoiling surprises, but I'm sticking to my guns and still not going to find out.

PS - This is the painting that Drew surprised me with for Mom's Day. Although there is a frog and dragonfly, I'm not doing an insect/amphibian theme in case you're wondering.

5 comments:

Kerri said...

please, please, please find out we're begging you! We (your girlfriends) want to spoil you with gifts and we need genders and names to do it properly. So can we find out if you don't?

Molly said...

I'm with Kerri...I want to know if Carson and Davis are going to have another boy to play with.

-Molly

Sarah said...

Another boy....Please. We need bows and toenail polish!!

Cole Family said...

Hey girl! Congrats to you and Drew!! Motherhood is a wonderful thing! As for finding out...go with what you want to do...personally if I had to do it all over again with my first I would have gone with cute gender neutral bedding and would have not found out...but I can't do it all over again and I wouldn't change it now! Love ya and I will be keeping in touch!

Verna said...

I will love a girl or a boy. Either is fine with me. I can buy girl or boy toys and clothes.
You do whatever feels right for you. When I had Drew, I was expecting a girl. I was thrilled with my boy. Doug thought he had a boy and he was thrilled with his girl. Both are miracles. As Erma Bomeck said, "This may be my only opportunity to assist God with a miracle." Enjoy the journey.
I love you,
Mom