Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Friday, June 22, 2007

Busy weekend at the hospital

My father-in-law, "Pop", came in Friday night, so I ran around the house trying to make sure that everything was clean. However, in the midst of cleaning, I received a great, cute, helper. My neighbor, Shane, decided it would be cool to slice his hand and go to the ER, so I got to play with his son, Will, Friday afternoon. He helped me sweep, do laundry, dust, and wrap Drew's bday presents by standing on the boxes. Best of all, he's been in the works of helping me coach my dog, Dixie, into liking kids before Little Bit arrives. He did a great job and rewarded Dixie with treats. I have the pictures to prove it, too (Dixie is taking a treat from Will, not his hand)! Will then thought he deserved a treat himself. For those of you that don't know Dixie, this is a BIG deal!!! Please pray for Dixie to have a change of heart with kids -- I think we're almost there. On a positive note, we're glad to say that Shane's hand is all right!

Then, I received a phone call that night around 9:45 to find out that my friend Valerie went into labor. She's not due until July 2, but God told her Friday afternoon that He was ready for Valerie's miracle to happen now. We are so excited to welcome Hayden Adam Gioannini Daters into this world at healthy 7lbs. 3oz. and 19 3/4 long! He's gorgeous with beautiful Italian skin and 3 inch long feet!

No comments: