Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Candyland=A trip to the ER?

We obviously had just a little too much time together inside the house due to the snow. Last Saturday, Drew, Mary Elizabeth, and I played a few rounds of Candyland (a big hit in our house right now!) to break up the boredom. I guess we got a little too competitive because ME got injured!

Drew kept beating us, and then during the last game, Drew was in the lead until ME caught up with him. She started rocking in Benjamin's rocking chair (she makes sure that everyone knows whose chair it was) and saying "I'm beating you, Daddy!" and then she rocked so hard that she rocked backwards in the chair and hit her head on the corner of the entertainment center. OMG...a bloody head...yucko!!! We had our RN friend/neighbor, Ashley, come over to look at it and confirmed that we should take her to the ER. Great...snowy roads and a Saturday trip to the ER. Lu ckily, the visit wasn't as bad as I thought it could've been! I just can't believe that in my 30 years here in LR, I have never been to the ER. And I can't believe that it was ME that we first took to the ER rather than Wild Man Benjamin!


Poor thing doesn't know what's about to happen to her! The bandage wrapped around her head makes it seems 10 times worse...they just wrapped it on her head to hold the numbing medicine in.

Patiently waiting on the doctcor while watching Bambi...on VHS!

She liked the thought of her "headband" until the doctor came in!
After our ER visit, ME should win an Oscar for her dramatic performance when she told people about her "hole" in her head. I think if I was her, I would pretend to get injured more often. She got Chick-Fil-A right after we left, her own pan of brownies from her LaLa, and a bucket of prizes from her VeVe. Everytime you ask her about her head, she tilts her head and says "Don't touch me, I have a booboo in my head" with the most pitiful look on her face.
A week later, we went back to her "brown doctor" to get this pulled out of her head. She, of course, didn't like being held down again, but as soon as she saw that it looked like an "M", she was fascinated.
Dear Lord, please keep our babies safe from anymore head injuries!!!

No comments: