Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Richly blessed and wonderfully made

I thought that the verses ("richly blessed" Proverbs 8:28 and "wonderfully made" Psalms 139:14)on this pillow were a perfect title for this post because it tells exactly what we think about our lives with ME.


Today, ME is 14 months. WOWZA!!! I thought I just checked into the hospital last week to deliver her. Ok, I know that really didn't happen, but I can't believe that Drew and I are now raising a kid instead of a baby. As you can see in the picture, she loves to climb into the rocking chair and then slide out of it. She's getting so independent and into everything lately. Although tiring, it's so much fun!





A few weeks ago, ME yanked the spoon out of my hand and thought it would be a great idea to feed herself. I'll let you look at the picture to decide if she was successful. And yes, in case you're wondering, she is still on baby food. This is pretty much the only way I can get her to eat veggies. But what can I say? She comes by it honest...I'm probably even pickier than her when it comes to eating!





Updates



  • New Words: "bable" for Bible (thanks to her daycare!) and bottle; "this" for please; "diaper"; I know there are a few more, but Drew and I can't think of them right now. She can finally sign the word "please"! I gave up on teaching her baby signing b/c we weren't accomplishing anything, but last Wednesday she used the sign for please. Her wonderful daycare has been working on signing with the kiddos! Let me just say that it is so much cuter to see her do that than hear her whine "uh-uh-uh-uh" for things that she wants!

  • Foods: As I've already mentioned, she is very picky!!! She pretty much eats meat sticks, cheese, and crackers everyday for lunch and dinner. Occassionally, she'll let me sneak other foods into her diet. Breakfast varies with Nutri-grain waffles and Cheerios. It's funny when ME's daycare teacher gets her to try a new food because she gets so excited to tell me about it. Then that new food will be in her lunch the rest of the week.
  • She's become a much better walker, but trips over nothing often. Hmmm...I wonder where her clumsiness might come from?
  • She loves to give kisses on the lips and dances at any possible beat (even the click of my heels when I walk)!
  • She's been giving Dixie and Mo dog treats, but now she knows where to get them and when to get them.
  • She likes to use my makeup brushes on her own face and walk with her "purse" (it's actually her lunchbox that looks like a purse).

Mary Elizabeth, thank you for blessing our lives. Our lives truly are wonderful because of the joy that you bring to our lives. Happy 14 months! We love you, Munchkin!

1 comment:

LaLa said...

"Blessed" is an understatment when it comes to ME - what a true and wonderous joy she is - thanks for letting us share in so many of her amazing moments and letting us be such a part of her life! We love you big gir1! LaLa & Grandy