Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Which way do I go?

If you noticed in the last post, ME's car seat is turned back around. BOO! As part of a Junior League community service, I helped with their "Buckle Up and Be Safe" program a few weeks ago. I figured while I was there, I would get my car seat checked. Boy, am I glad that I did! Even though I read the instruction booklet, which apparently is not helpful at all, I found several things that I did wrong when I turned the seat around. After the car seat inspectors checked mine, I made both grandmas get theirs checked, and then called a few of my friends to get theirs checked. Although I'm not happy about ME being rear-facing again, I feel much better after the inspectors asked me a "morbid" question...would I rather fix a broken leg, or a broken neck and spine (since most accidents are frontal collisions)? The crazy thing is that she can stay rear-facing up to 33 pounds in my seat. It seems like she'll be in college by the time she reaches that number!

The real alarming part of this all was that 93% of the car seats that were checked that day were not installed correctly! So if you're curious about if your seat is installed right, don't hesitate to get it checked!

1 comment:

The Charton's said...

Amen sister!! I am a closet car seat tech. Alexa stayed rear facing until she was 18 months old and 28 lbs. The longer the better! I am a freak about our car seats too, it can make such a differnce.