Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Our funny little Valentine

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Today was probably the best Valentine's Day that I've had in a long time. The other one was when Drew made a surprise visit to Fayetteville our Freshman year. Anyway, Drew took me and Mary Elizabeth to the park to have a picnic this afternoon. I absolutely love picnics, but we just never do them, so this was the perfect gift for me! We discovered that everyone else had the same idea, too, as we drove up to Pinnacle Mountain. So we decided to head on down toward Maumelle Park and eat by the river. Luckily, the wind held off for the most part. ME had fun sitting at the table like a big kid, then rolling down the hill. Here are a few pix of our sweetheart.

She loved watching the geese fly and hearing them squawk!

Daddy, am I making you nervous being so close to the ledge?

It's tough having fun!

Yesterday was our class Valentine's party. My kiddos have been begging me to bring ME, so I thought it would be fine now since she can walk. I wish you could have seen the kids' surprised faces when my mom walked in with her. Thanks, LaLa, for your help!

The kids were really sweet to ME. They made me make her and my mom a bag for their own Valentine's cards. The second picture shows some of the girls helping ME with her bag. She got bubbles, stuffed animals, and some headbands (we'll save those for later). You may not be able to tell, but there is an organized method to my classroom, so please don't judge the messiness of it!

No comments: