Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lucky number 13

Yeah! I'm not a baby anymore! And I'm going to have a GIRL baby cousin!!!
Usually people associate the number 13 with bad luck or bad things. Well, today ME is 13 months old and I don't think that is either bad luck or a bad thing. She's constantly amazing us and making us laugh. Drew and I are still loving just about every moment we can get of her!
Look, I already know how to read and catalog shop at 13 months!
Actually, this is how I was able to get ready in the morning during Christmas break. She loves to rock and turn pages in books, so I would put either of her rocking chairs in the hall and let her "go to town" while I dried my hair. Notice how ladylike she is with her feet crossed. She usually has her feet crossed when sitting, eating, playing, sleeping, etc. Too cute!

Is this Winter Wonderland? No, ME, it's just toilet paper.

According to my babycenter.com weekly e-letter, ME is right on track with her developmental skills. It said that most toddlers around 13 months discover the toilet paper roll. So does that mean that my daughter is exceptional? She's been doing this for weeks! :) So if you ever come to my house and you find the rolls stacked in a weird spot, you'll know why.

Here are her 12 month stats: (I forgot to post these after her 1 year checkup)

  • Weight: 23.8 pounds (83%)
  • Length: 29 1/2" (61%)
  • Head: 18 1/2" (92%)
  • Clothes: She's wearing 18 months in most things. Unfortunately, I think she has her daddy's short legs and long torso, so she's dragging all of her pant legs and her belly is sticking out of most of her shirts. Pretty cute!
  • Shoes: Size 4
  • Talents: She's becoming a great walker (still slow, though). She can "love" on things and find her bellybutton.
  • Foods: She's just like her mother...a picky eater! She pretty much only eats Gerber meat sticks, cheese, bananas, and breads. She hardly ever tries new foods. However, Helen, she loves grilled cheese sandwiches! :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the experimentation with tp! Lyla has finally gotten to the point that she brings the whole roll to me. She thinks she's done something so upstanding. So, we have rolls in strange places, too, but I guess that's better than her unrolling it all through the house. Have fun!!

LaLa said...

You're mommy a pick eater - that's an understatment but she turned out pretty OK being a picky eater and I have a feeling you're gong to be pretty ok too! What a big smart girl you are!