Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sunday, January 11, 2009

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to

So I know that I'm way late on posting pix from ME's birthday, but here you go. Thanks to everyone that has helped celebrate ME's life with us. We had such a great time, even though ME was in the process of cutting a few more teeth and a bit fussy. Also, I know that some of these are really tiny...I don't know why, so I'm sorry for your eye squinting!

Opening the gifts

This was the 1st present. She wanted to be delicate with the paper and tear a tiny piece at a time. She could tell what hard work goes into wrapping gifts. By the end of the week (with so many Christmas'), she was such a champ at opening packages that she even tore the paper on the doctor's table when we went for her check-up.

Does this bring flashbacks? Sarah got her a sit-n-spin. We're still trying to figure out where to actually sit as you can see.

The hit of the night. Daddy Mike sent ME an Elmo laptop. All of the kiddos were pushing each other to try to play with it. As you can tell, ME wasn't interested in opening any other presents the rest of the night while she was straddling me to get to her laptop.

Eating the cake
I made her "smash" cake and the guest cake. Did I ever mention that I took a cake decorating class last Fall? Obviously, there is some serious practice to be had!!! Luckily, the pictures are small. :)


Her taste buds must be related to mine...she only liked the icing, just like me.


My Papa came in from Texas to make sure that she got a good bite of her 1st birthday cake.

This is Taylor, Sarah's 4 month old. She obviously had a great time! In the 2nd picture, ME is wondering why Taylor is passed out on her birthday present.


Photo Shoot

My friend, Sarah, is a photographer and since she was in town, I thought we would try capture the classic 1-year-old "smash cake" picture. All of the little pictures were taken by Sarah, too. Tip: Don't wait until after the party to try this!

2 comments:

Becca said...

Hey Erin! Sweet pictures! I can't believe she is already over a year old! Where does time go! Hope you are enjoying every minute of it! Hope all is well!

LaLa said...

ME what a fun year we have had with you - I know you were a little tired with all the party stuff - but you are the cutest 1 year old I know!