Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Saturday, January 17, 2009

America's Next Top Model?


I meant to add these pictures a long time ago. I know they aren't the most beautiful, but I had to share. The first picture is from her daycare. Can anyone explain to me why they would take her picture right after she woke up from her nap? I think I would cry, too, if a camera was flashing in my face right after I woke up! Luckily, this has been my only complaint of our daycare. We really love her school and teachers!


Even though this past Christmas wasn't her first Christmas, it was her 1st time to see Santa (considering she came 4 days before Jesus' bday in 2007). Between ME's VeVe taking her to the mall 3 times, and me and LaLa taking her once, this is the result that I got from her picture with Santa. For those of you that don't know ME very well, she isn't very fond of men. She finally is warming up to her Uncle Bebo! Anyway, while we were in line waiting for Santa and waiting for the picture to print, ME was pointing at him and giggling. But the second we got within an inch of him, she didn't want anything to do with him...go figure! I know it's not the best picture, but I had get her 1st picture with Santa so we will all remember it!

Funny story while waiting to see Santa:
A little girl in front of us commented on what a cute baby ME is. Then she asked if the baby was a boy or girl. Never mind the tights, dress, and black patent shoes with bows that ME had on. I, of course, said that she was a girl and laughed when I saw the girl's expression. Then the girl contemplated my answer and then asked if she had cancer. My mom and I looked at each other, then bent down closer to her and both said "what?". She again asked if ME had cancer. Then I remembered my students at school always being thrown that ME doesn't have hair and realized that this little girl thought that ME was on chemo due to her bald head. I know that this could probably be seen as sad, but I think the looks on our faces were probably pretty priceless and just hearing the way the girl said it. It's always so funny to hear what comes out of kid's mouths!

1 comment:

Lindsay's blog said...

Don't worry, my niece who is 4 is scared to death of Santa as well. We had went to get her picture taken with Santa.. talked about on the way there, "oh I love Santa".. pulled in the parking space and she started freaking out.. then we get up the door and my sister goes in thinking that might sway her.. she gets Santa to come out. and she literally balls up in the parking lot and starts to cry....