Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Merry Christmas, the toilet is full...err fixed!


First, I'm sure I have to explain the picture of Cousin Eddie (and I know what he really says, but I'm not putting cuss words on my blog). It's become a Dees tradition to watch Christmas Vacation while wrapping Christmas presents in our house, so that's what we've been doing today. But before we could watch the movie, Drew fixed our toilet that's been leaking for quite some time and I'm very excited about it!!! I know cheap thrills!

Also, I have to let you know that I'm living an artificial life now. We purchased 2 fake trees this year rather than buying a real one. Even though we did this about 2 weeks ago, I still have a nauseous feeling about it, as I love the joy of picking out the "right tree" only to come home and discover the hole on one side, or that it's lopsided, and the fresh smell. But since we were gone over Thanksgiving this year, I didn't get as much time as I normally do to decorate. Plus this will give me more time to work on ME's birthday every year. The biggest selling point, though, was that I could get more than one tree!!! When Drew and I got married, he agreed to get a real tree every year as long as we didn't get a cat. So where's the cat, you ask? We still don't have one. I renegotiated. I asked if we could get an artificial tree as long as I could have more than one. So we now have black/white tree in the kitchen (which I'll be the first to admit is a little big for the space), a "traditional" tree in the den, a Barbie tree in the foyer, and we're getting one for ME's room this week. I'll try to remember to take pictures of all of them and post them later. As you can tell, ME was just as excited about the new trees as her dad was...
I'm aware she only has one shoe, a sight often seen with her, but she's happy isn't she?

1 comment:

The Beaver Bunch said...

Hey Erin!
I hope your family is doing well. Your daughter is precious!

Merry Christmas!