Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sunday, December 7, 2008

The City that NEVER Sleeps

I can finally say that I've been to New York! And now I know why it's called the "city that never sleeps". I realized it on my last day in Drew's dad's apartment (about 8 stories up) when I was awake at 7:30 am on my vacation due to the honking on the streets. New York City is an amazing place, though! As Drew and I said, it's amazing to think of how it was ever built with the subway system, grid system, etc.

We really had a great time. Since this was my first time, I wanted to be the tourist that did everything. Our legs paid for it, too! You really do walk everywhere! Here are some pictures of our trip.

In front of the Brooklyn Bridge

On top of the Empire State Building -- Proof that Drew can conquer his fear of heights!
Drew and his dad on top of the Empire State Building


In front of the New Year's Crystal Ball

I've always dreamt of going (actually being in it) to the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. Although, I didn't get to sit right on the Macy's star like I had requested, it was still neat to see how gigantic the balloons really were! We tried to go watch the balloons get blown up the night before, but we got stuck in traffic and we missed it -- maybe next time. As you'll see in the pictures, our view wasn't the best. For some reason, everyone thinks that just becuase you're tall, you must have an Inspector Gadget-like neck and see everything...not true!

Our view from our 1st location (across the street, and on the other side of Columbus Circle). Obviously, this wasn't my seat on the Macy's star!


Our view for a while (children on their parent's shoulders).
I just thought this was funny...a mom on a step stool, with her child on her shoulders. We'll know how to do it right next time. :)


I know my hat is crooked, but Hello Kitty was coming and I didn't care!

In front of the Flatiron Building with my "designer" bags in hand!
Thanks, Mike and Ron, for being such great hosts while we visited. I really had a great time and can't wait to go back! Also, thank you to VeVe, LaLa, and Grandy for taking care of ME while we were gone. I know she had a great time!

2 comments:

LaLa said...

Glad you got to finally make it to the big city - looks like great fun! I know we had fun keeping ME while you were gone!

Unknown said...

What a fun trip!!