Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday...really?!?!

I really can't believe that it's been a year already!!! Considering that I checked into the hospital on the 19th last year, all weekend Drew and I recapped what we were doing this time last year. For example, as we were heading out the door last night at 6:00 for Drew's company Christmas party, I realized that that was the time last year when Dr. S broke my water and I was freaking out because something icky was happening to me (that's another story). And I remember when the nurse was wheeling me out of the hospital with ME in hand, I couldn't believe that they weren't going to make me take a test to make sure that I really was fit to be responsible for someone else's life. Wow! It's amazing how most of parenthood comes naturally to you and how you pretty much forget all of the uncertainty that Drew and I had when you leave the hospital.
On to the birthday girl...
We woke up around 8 this morning, but she was ready for a nap by 9:45 and we were supposed to meet my family for breakfast at 10:15. So we let her take a quick nap, then headed to Cracker Barrel to eat pancakes. When we got back home, she took about a 2 hour nap, so you'd think she would have been in the best mood for the remainder of the day. I don't know if she's not feeling well, or going through a growth spurt, but she preferred to be held most of the evening and wanted her paci. Ugh! But at least we were able to get her to open a few presents and eat some cake. The picture above is her new beanbag that Drew and I got her. She got a ton of other great gifts from our friends and family, too. Thanks to everyone who celebrated ME's life with us tonight! Hopefully, I'll have some more party and cake pictures up later this week.
Mary Elizabeth, you are such a sweet angel. Da-da and I truly have enjoyed watching you grow and develop the fun personality that you have . We can't wait to see what the future holds for you. We love you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABY!

2 comments:

LaLa said...

Funniest 1 year old I've been around in a long time! What a true joy and blessing you have been to us - we are so excited to share in all of your new milestones and accomplishments! We love you! LaLa & Grandy!

Molly said...

Happy Birthday Mary Elizabeth! We're so glad we could be at your party and Carson really enjoyed playing with your new Elmo toys. ;)