Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, December 17, 2007

Delivery is right on time

We went to the Dr. this morning to find out that I still haven't dilated, dropped, or have a change in my cervix (I know TMI-sorry!). However, we did get an ultrasound and were happy to find out a couple of things. We found out that the baby is only measuring 38 1/2 weeks instead of 40 1/2 weeks, it weighs about 7 1/2 pounds as opposed to the 10 lbs. that we were predicting, and our baby might actually have a normal-sized head!!! We were both very excited about this last bit of news seeing that we both have large "domes".

After my Dr. examined me, he was was still concerned that I have had no change to my body whatsoever and that I might need a c-section considering that the baby is still high up in my ribcage. So to play it safe, he wants me to check in to the hospital on Wed. night and then hopefully induce me on Thurs. This isn't how I pictured having my baby, but if it means that it could decrease the chance of me having a c-section, then I'm happy. I'm just bummed that I won't get the chance to wake up Drew in the middle of the night and rush to the hospital like in the movies. On the other hand, I'm happy to know that we'll most likely be out of the hospital before Christmas!

So it looks like we're still delivering right on time! Happy Birthday Anna Carol and Baby Megan!

4 comments:

Molly said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see little him/her and find out the secret name.

Laura and Donnie said...

We can't wait to meet our birthday mate!!!!Can wait to meet this little IT!

Anna Carol and Jarrod said...

She is so precious!!! check my blog I already posted pics of her.

Jim and Katie said...

I just saw Mary Elizabeth's pictures on Anna Carol's blog. She is absolutely precious!!! Congratulations!!!