Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

And still hangin' out

I went to the doctor today only to find out that I still have not dilated! However, I did find out these things: I lost one pound somehow, my blood pressure has gone down (yeah - considering my work environment!), and the baby's heartbeat is still right on track. When my Dr. got ready to measure my belly, he looked at my ribcage and gave me a look of amazement. Then he asked me how I was still holding on to this baby. Little Bit is still sitting very high in my ribcage, which explains why I'm always pushing on my ribs hoping that they won't break.

He measured the baby to be 40 weeks, which I won't even be 39 weeks until tomorrow. Then he said that this baby is acting like it doesn't want to come until January since I haven't dilated yet. So with all that said, I'm going on Monday to get an ultrasound and then he'll decide if he wants to induce or let me just wait out the course.

Whatever decision is made, I am still praying that I won't have this baby until the 19th, or anytime after that during my Christmas break. Although, I know that some people (i.e. family members) are pushing for more specific dates. I'll do my best to accommodate every one's schedule, but I'm going to Little Bit, my doctor, and God all make those decisions together. :)

4 comments:

Anna Carol and Jarrod said...

I'm betting on the 20th since it is your due date and my B-DAY!!! What ever happens I hope everything goes well.
LUV ya girl:)

Sarah said...

Yeah! I'm so in town!! I am thrilled that I'll be able to see little bit before I head back to OKC!!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there honey!
Don't worry a/b what everyone else wants, Little Bit/God will let you know when its time - either after the nineteenth or in January.

Kerri said...

The Sangalli's also say induce this baby! We can't wait anymore and mommy dosen't need to wait it out. Plus you will be more prepared! But if you do wait until Jan. we'll come see you then too!