Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sunday, January 23, 2011

NY Opera in Commerce, TX

One of my parents high school besties, Lawrence Harris (aka Larry Harris, former Houston Oilers football player) is an opera singer for the Manhattan Opera. He occassionally makes his way back home to Texas from time to time to perform and it just so happened to work out for us to see him perform on our way to my cousin's birthday celebration. We met my Aunt Vicki and Uncle Ricky in Commerce before the show. Sadly, we got to Commerce, TX at 3 and the show didn't start until 7 that night! So what does one do in Commerce you ask? Why eat at Lonestar Steakhouse, of course! Oh wait, that didn't take up enough time...so our next option was to spend two hours in Wal-Mart! Woohoo!
Thank God for the toy section!

I'm just glad we didn't get kicked out!!!

Who knew that you could have so much fun in Wal-Mart?!?!


Aunt Vicki and I even found toys for us..."Sweet Talking Ken".

You can say anything into Ken's hidden microphne, and he will say that anything back to you! I don't remember what Ken told me and Vicki, but obviously it was good!

Mary Elizabeth got to go backstage and meet Larry and his daughter, Sydney before the show. Apparently Sydney has an amazing voice just like her dad. Too bad I never got to hear any of it...Benjamin and I were kicked out of the auditorium before it even started because he made a squeal. Ugh!!!