Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Oh, brother! 20 weeks already!

Can you believe that a baby boy is inside this belly?

If you haven't already heard via phone call/Facebook/text, ME is going to have a little brother to boss around! Drew and I had our ultrasound today and we are so excited to know that we will now have the best of both worlds!
I will say that I'm a little surprised, but still very excited. My very first instinct was that we were having a boy due to my completely different symptoms, but the past few days my instinct has switched to a girl. However, as I was shopping at Target during my lunchbreak today for gifts to announce the sex of the baby to the grandparents, I kept looking just at the boy/blue things by accident. Funny thing is that my first instinct when pregnant with ME was that I was having a girl. Maybe I should be a psychic. Ha!


Here is the ultrasound that shows off our child's "business". Drew and I aren't quite sure what angle this is, but you can tell what the arrow is pointing at!


So far this time around, we're doing things differently. Instead of having the grandparents in the room, we just had ME with us. It was fun to watch her. However, because I was watching her, I missed the second that "the part" showed up on the screen. Right when the ultrasound tech asked if we were sure we wanted to know, I turned to look at Drew and ME, then Drew said "It's a boy!"

Drew and ME watching the screen. She was so focused on what was going on. She loves technology!ME sitting in the exam room while I'm waiting for the doctor. She was so proud of her drawings on the exam paper.


At the last minute last night I decided I still wanted to make the announcement special somehow rather than just calling our parents since they weren't going with us this time. Sorry, Daddy Mike, that we had to call you, though! Several of my friends gave me cute ideas, but I just didn't have enough time. So I bought "It's a Baby Boy!" balloons to tie at their houses for when they got home. Well, as soon as my parents saw their balloon, they made a trip to Wal-Mart and headed straight to our house with gifts. Do you think that this baby boy is already loved and destined to play some kind of sport?!?! Not even born, and he already has a set of golf clubs, blue baseball glove and ball, football, and another baseball. The pink baseball glove is for ME (obviously).


And for everyone that's wondering the name...we don't know yet! I thought we would use the one that we had picked out for last time, but Drew has given me other names recently that I don't like. So we'll keep brainstorming.

2 comments:

Jim and Katie said...

YAY! Congratulations! Little boys are so fun...of course, that's all I know! :) How exciting to have one of each!

LaLa said...

Trust me you're going to "love" all the time spent at the ballpark! Can't wait!