Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, July 21, 2008

7th Heaven

Can you believe that our baby doll is 7 months old today?!?!?! Neither can we!!! I don't think that I've mentioned that ME is now "crawling". It's not an army crawl, or tip-toe crawl...it's her own unique belly-flop/hike the leg up to start her engine/inch-worm crawl. It may take her a while to get somewhere, but once she gets her eye on something, she's after it. So no more leaving her on the bed while I take a shower. :( It's amazing to think that not too long ago, she could barely move and slept most of the day. Wow! How her personality and interests have developed now that she's on the go!

Since ME has done really well with her rice cereal, I introduced her to Sweet Peas today. As you can tell from the picture above, she is definitely my child. Most of you know that I can't stand fruits and most veggies b/c they're squishy, so you can only imagine what was going through my head as I was giving the jar of smelly nastiness to her. However, since I want to do what's best for her, I'll give her another shot and hope that she'll be a better eater than me.

Mary Elizabeth, Daddy and I have enjoyed our past 7 months with you and can't imagine what life would be like right now without you (I'm sure extremely boring!). We love watching your personality blossom everyday and can't wait to spend a gazillion more months with you.

7 comments:

Jim and Katie said...

What a funny face! I love how they develop their own little personalities!

LaLa said...

ME you make me laugh no matter what you do - we're going to try real hard to make you a good eater. Looks like sweet peas may not be tops on your list though!
LaLa

Emily said...

How funny! Well I don't like sweet peas either! Erin, I haven't seen you in forever - maybe we'll get a chance to chat at the Sip & Sign next month! :)

Anonymous said...

Good idea about not leaving her on the bed while you are gone. Most pediatricians suggest not to leave a baby alone on a high place when they start rolling, around 3-4 months. My, she has grown!

Kerri said...

Erin,

I for one don't think that you would ever intentionally put your child in ANY harm. You are a GREAT mom! We love you and your family!

Carmen said...

Wow, 7 months! Time sure does fly by!

Anonymous said...

Stumbled across your blog (linked through a few others) and saw this post. Your little one is too cute for words and I love that face as you're trying to feed peas! :) According to Dr. Oz on Oprah (yes, I realize this is totally random), it can take up to 10 times trying to get a child to eat something before they may like it. I know that's many many squishy peas, but hopefully you'll find it worth it in the end. Good luck! :)