Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Friday, January 15, 2010

I'm in love with another boy

I'm always laid back...
...or trying to tell you about something with noises or just by crying.

Drew always makes fun of me because I practically developed a crush on any boy that ever smiled at me or remembered my name when I was younger. Well, I have totally given into that again with my son. Oh, I'm so lucky to see the most beautiful smile every morning and night with his sweet dimples! It takes me so long to get him ready in the morning because I find myself just staring at him and his smile while he's on the changing table. And, yes, one of his happiest places is the changing pad just like ME's was.

At 3 months old, Benjamin's still not doing much except for eating, sleeping, pooping, then repeat. What a life! But he is starting to really follow moving things with his eyes and trying to reach out and grab things. He can hold things pretty tightly and loves to follow Mary Elizabeth with his eyes or try to break his neck so he can keep his eye on her. Other than that, he's still my "little" cuddle bunny at 14 lbs, in a size 2 diaper, and wearing 3-6 months clothes. He's getting over his first cold, which is so horrible since you can't give babies anything. And he has already had his first set of dreadlocks. I'm not used to having to really comb baby hair considering that ME didn't have any as a baby and she doesn't have one wave in her hair now so we still really don't have to comb through hers. But I guess I skipped one night of combing his hair and the back of his hair beaded up. Don't worry, I promise I'm not neglecting him since he's the 2nd child. I'm the 2nd child, so I'm really trying to avoid the "2nd child" syndrome. :)
This was ME's idea of helping me take his 3-month-old picture. I tried taking their Christmas pictures with these stuffed animals and she thought they needed them again. Benjamin thought differently!

No comments: