Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

KOTA Camp


I've had the privilege of being the chair-elect for Kota Camp at Camp Aldersgate for Junior League this year. This committee was my first committee I served on 5 years ago, and it's the true reason why I ever joined Junior League...to help others in the community. Kota is a fun and fabulous camp for kids with any kind of disability. I was pregnant with ME when I first served on this committee and realized that my child could be one of these sweet campers. Luckily, 4 years later, I'm happy to be able to bring her along with me to teach her the importance of helping others.
Mini Me was as excited about fishing during the Fishing Tournament as I always am. So she and I made a great team of passing out popsicles to the campers and counselors.

ME made a lot of new friends like my friend, Rebecca. She helped her keep track of all the fish that were caught and their weight.
 
During the carnival, ME was a great helper with face painting.

She was very insistent on painting some faces!
During the dance party, ME meets a lot of fun friends. This little cutie and ME bonded the entire week.
 
I  brought Benjamin along with us to the closing ceremony so he could have a part of helping out as well. However, during the actual ceremony, I guess he was too cool. :)

No comments: