Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sunday, September 2, 2007

The almost-finished nursery
















I wanted to show all of my out-of-town family and friends the progress we've made in the nursery. As you can see, we have all of the furniture. The dresser/changing table was mine when I was a baby and little girl (obviously I didn't use the changing table part as a little girl). ;) My parents refinished it for me, and I painted new drawer pulls for it. The small rocker was my Granny's, then it was mine. The glider belonged to my Mama and Papa. My parents also refinished both rockers. The swatches of color on the crib are for the baby bedding. I'm waiting on a few more pieces of fabric to get that made and to get my seat cushion recovered for the glider. The frog print that Drew got me for Mother's Day, which I based all of the colors from, is getting framed. I can't wait to get that and all of my bedding put into place! I feel like it's all coming together finally!
Also, if you noticed Dixie at the bottom of the dresser, she's lovin' hanging out in the Nursery.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking Good. Can't wait to see the finished product. MeMaw

The Gray Family said...

The nursery is looking so cute, and you look great! I can't wait to see it finished. I hope you are feeling well and enjoying this fun time!

Molly said...

The room is looking great. It would only be better if we know who/what would be living there. who/what = name/boy or girl. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love it and I love your blog! Can't wait to meet little baby Dees!!!

michael dees said...

Guess you really did learn some decoratin' in college!!!! The nursery is looing good..but I can't find a spot for the 8x10 glossy of me!!!Do I need to spring for a nice shelf??? Also........get that belly shot off this blog.......you tryin' to start a riot. I don't like everyone seeing you!!!LOL
Love, Mr. Dees

Jim and Katie said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys! I hope everything is going great!
Katie Eberhard Battreal

The Harris Family said...

Hi - great seeing you and your family; i just finished creating the blog. thanks for the advice! here it is: http://harristravel.blogspot.com/

best wishes for a happy pregnancy!

renee

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT ERIN, SO CUTE! BABY DEES WILL BE LIVING IN STYLE!